For several years, a limited group of companies and qualified research entities have been busy trying to understand the LENR processes and make LENR Clean Plasma Energy into a real practical energy source.
In January 2019, Leonardo Corporation performed the first public demonstration of the E-Cat SK generator producing Clean Energy from plasma while at the same time promoting several advantages.
During the presentation the following advantages were claimed:
The generator is environment-friendly:
* No direct CO2 emissions.
* No radioactive waste or fuel is involved.
* Very low CO2 footprint [kg/kWh] from generator and fuel.
* Used fuel can be renewed in a factory process.
* No hazardous radiation emitted
Qualified customers were offered delivery of heat energy at a price of <80% from the existing market price. The generator was offered to be supplied without cost.
This offer was possible due to the following characteristics:
* Generated heat energy can be more than 50 times the electric input energy.
* The Hydrogen/Metal-based fuel is low-cost and factory renewable.
* Modules are made of low-cost design and suited for mass production.
* Possible to combine several 20 kW modules to reach any required power level.
Also now (January 2021), these advantages are still waiting to be confirmed through feedback from verified customers.
Direct generation of electrical power (UPDATE: January 2021)
On Nov 23, 2019, Leonardo Corp unofficially disclosed the first information about E-Cat SKL, their latest and significantly improved version of E-Cat. E-Cat SKL is now claimed to directly generate kW levels of electrical power. Read more details on this in our updated post.